Friday, January 29, 2010

Crowders Mountain

I considered heading up to the Appalachian trail this morning, but reports from the National Weather Service ("TRAVEL IS EXPECTED TO BECOME VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.") encouraged me to stay closer to home.  Plus, the Volvo needs some maintenance.  So Dexter and I took off for Crowders Mountain.


He's hiked it before, as have I, but it really does offer some spectacular views.
  
The only wildlife we saw was a hawk soaring below us.  The top offered a 360° view of North and South Carolina.  Despite the clouds, I could see the city of Charlotte and beyond.


I noticed that the Ridgeline trail, the one that connects the North and South Carolina parks, has been completed since the last time I was on the trail.  I think I may hike that on my next day off as a bit of a challenge.  It's posted 210 minutes, one way, so I should start out once it gets light out. 


But it would be nice to hike around some of the white, fluffy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment